Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My hens go grocery shopping

Today I went to the grocery store for my main monthly shopping which means I had a lot of bags of groceries in the backseat of my car.  I was carrying them in, a few bags at a time, so left the car door open to come back and get another load.  Well, I came out of the house and could see one of the hens was standing on the groceries with her head in a bag checking it out.  Another hen was plucking the bags from the ground.  I came around the car door and put my hands on my hips and said "what are you doing?"  The hen on the ground took off running.  The hen standing on the groceries decided to fly out of the car except I was in her way so she sailed over my head.  I had never seen one the hens fly so high before.  Lordy, it's just like having children again.

No comments:

Post a Comment